a 30 Spec Spot as part of the Sofa.com contest to be judged by Peter Jackson!

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum and happy to have discovered it!

This is a little project my wife and I did together; a spec commercial competition guest judged by Merlin Crossingham, Creative Director for Wallace & Gromit & Peter Jackson, of, like, everything (but mostly known for The Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, and The Adventures of Tintin), among others.

We are in the early stages of starting a commercial production company, and as part of a contest, we were challenged to come up with a film based on the theme of "Happiness" for an English company called Sofa.com (they also have locations in Paris and NYC), so we went to work, made a 30 second spec commercial, starring our son and dog, and we were thrilled and honored when our little film made the short list of 12 finalists.

We would love to get some feedback from this crazy talent pool here and while the winners are going to be picked by the judging panel, but there is a "fan favorite" film as well, so admitedly, this is also a call for help!

Please go to watch the film at either below link and if you think it deserves it, click the "Like" button. (It's kind of a pain in the butt because you have to be signed in to youtube for the "Thumbs Up" to stick but every click helps, so we really appreciate it!)

We are just a little family operation and as such don't have much in the way of "contacts" so we are reaching out here on this forum to draw attention to it.

Please forgive my naivite if I am doing something wrong, but we are in the final weeks of this competition and are only 8 votes behind for Fan Favorite, (the fellow in the lead is very good, and a little more established in this world, so frankly I thrilled we are as close to him as we are!)

Maybe your votes can turn the tide for Fan Fav, and with that prize (a gift cert from the Apple Store) we can get some new, better equiptment, and turn up the notch on our little production endevors!

The main youtube link is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HVJ75CUJSk

And if you want to see the rest of the competition, or see it on the main sofa.com page, it's here:
http://www.sofa.com/short-film-competition-shortlist-2014

Thanks everyone!
- Lucien