micro slate

Saw it by a 2.AC on the last feature I was working on.

It was really, really small, like appr. 2" x 2" and also had sticks.

Obviously he could not remember where he'd get it.

anyone has a idea where I can find those??

I have one about 4x4, no sticks though. I think I got it on Ebay. It was cheap. I used it on test animation storyboard footage with miniatures on The Black Sky to see if 1:6th scale dolls could be viable for creating animated storyboards on miniature sets. Thouhh it's a lot of work to build the minatire interiors, and exteriors for that matter, it worked pretty well except at the time, custom doll heads weren't beong done all that much so everyone pf the figures were smiling except the G.I. Joes. I've used the technique a few times. It works well. The first time I tried it was with a fully articulated 1:6th scale humaboid dragon / lizzard monster. Dispite the jerkiness of portions of the animated footage, it came out pretty well for a first attempt.

• Premium Member

Filmtools in Burbank used to sell the small (4x6") insert slate with sticks. They've been super weird over there since the end of last year when they "upgraded" their website, so I would call them first before ordering online.

I guess you could always take the insert slate and cut it smaller if you need.

I've worked with one of these before! But I think it was just printed on a label or sticker and then placed onto a card or corrugated plastic. No working sticks. I think the best bet would be just to make one?

post-55889-0-46019200-1402800511_thumb.jpg