Website for upcoming feature

• Premium Member

Am looking for opinions or feedback on the website for my upcoming feature. Obviously, I will need trailers of the film, stills, etc but now I don't have those things. Would like tips on what I can do to maximize the site without getting "too busy" or confusing.

Appreciate any feedback you can offer.

NOTE: The site is optimized for Full HD displays (1920x1080).

Hey Matthew,

Long time.. :) Hey I think it looks great. (I'm on an HD display 1080) Two things came to mind, one is the film graphics behind your "buttons" I personally don't like those I feel the are kind of corny, but that's just my opinion. I think it would look nice to have something else or maybe just play with the graphic design of it and see if you can make it better idk.. Second I think it would be cool to have a background picture in the middle of your main graphics that is very faded and bleeds into black on the edges. Possibly a landscape shot of the film or something incorporates your two main graphics (the cross, and rings)

Anyways I don't know if this helps at all, but those were my initial thoughts when I first looked at the site. Very nice.

Sincerely,

Davi

• Premium Member

Hey Matthew,

Second I think it would be cool to have a background picture in the middle of your main graphics that is very faded and bleeds into black on the edges. Possibly a landscape shot of the film or something incorporates your two main graphics (the cross, and rings)

Yeah, i thought about this but EVERYONE does this and it isn't my style. I'm more of a Google guy rather than a Yahoo or Bing guy so i value simplicity and speed in a webpage than some bogged down bg that may look cool the first page but gets annoying real quick.

As far as the buttons, what would you recommend as a graphic?

I'm not crazy about the text background on the synopsis. I like the ruled paper look on the bios more. Personally, I like a unified look across pages.

Also, most of the write-ups need to be edited. For example, the original text for your bio:

"Matthew had a desire to make films for a long time but never took the opportunity to try until getting a cheap camcorder for a gift one holiday. He started recording his daughter playing and then would practice editing the video on Pinnacle Studio. The he and his Friend George decided to write a short comedy script for him and George to act for. This script evolved into Matthew’s first official short entitled “Psycho Granny.” Shot on a Canon XL-2, in 2005, Matthew didn’t like the look of digital footage. He wanted to step up to shooting on film. He wrote a serious script entitled “The Wheat and the Chaff” and shot it on Super 8mm film. That was in 2008 but in 2012, Matthew started working on a feature script about the end of the world according to the book of Revelations entitled “Malum” (latin for evil.) Matthew finished the script but didn’t acquire the funds to do it justice. He instead wrote the feature script “Unworthy” and knew he could raise the money for it. It was due to be shot in 2013 but camera issues and logistics prevented it until 2014 when things started coming together. Matthew is currently working on a Master’s in Computer Science from DePaul University in Chicago."

It has a lot of information, but most of it isn't relevant from the reader's perspective, and it is hard to read.

It reads much better like this:

Matthew had a burning passion for film for many years. One day, while filming his daughter playing, he had a “Eureka” moment, and a filmmaker was born.

Matthew shot his first short film, “Psycho Granny” in 2005, with his friend George, on a Canon XL-2 digital camera.

In 2008, Matthew shot his short film “The Wheat and the Chaff” on Super 8 film.

Matthew has worked on my film projects since then. Currently he is involved in pre-production on “Unworthy”.

Matthew, when not working on film projects, is currently working towards his Master’s Degree in Computer Science from DePaul University in Chicago.