Books about line producing?

Hello, I want to learn as much as I can about all the proffesions in film crew. I have found a lot of books about directing, DOP, editing, grading, SFX, lighting etc etc, but after googling for a long time, it seems that there is no book for future line producers about line producing. At least I can't found it.

Do you know some book, from which I can learn as much as possible about line producing?

Look up production management or manager, it's basically the same job.

A couple of possible reads I've found, although I've not read them myself.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1408121808/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1408121808/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Christine Vachon authored 2 books about producing which are awesome. Shooting to Kill, and A Killer Life I've read both and while they're not specific to line producing, they offer lots of invaluable insight into producing in general. Though they were written a while ago. The trouble often with books like this is the author is someone you've never heard of who's never made any films you've seen. Christine has a long track record of very successful films which you've probably seen or at least heard of.

• Premium Member

Hello, I want to learn as much as I can about all the proffesions in film crew. I have found a lot of books about directing, DOP, editing, grading, SFX, lighting etc etc, but after googling for a long time, it seems that there is no book for future line producers about line producing. At least I can't found it.

Do you know some book, from which I can learn as much as possible about line producing?

There actually is a section on the BBS for books.

Line producing is about going through a script, identifying common props, locations, and where actors and things are used most, and then creating a shooting schedule out of that.

There's not much more to it than that.