Does anyone know anything about these schools?

Peyton,

It all depends on what you want out of a film program. Something like Full Sail is more of a technical training school. The only thing you learn is the technical and the craft. Which is fine if that's all you want. But if you want to be an artist, you need to open yourself up to a wide range of sources and inspiration. Music, art, literature, mass media, theater. A more liberal arts education makes you a more well rounded person and will inspire you to think out-of-the-box, to be more original rather than repeat what others have always done.

I teach at Fairleigh Dickinson University (Madison, NJ), and our students get jobs in the industry pretty quickly - but they also have earned a BA college degree. So they can talk about things other than film. I recommend a full education with a film major, makes you more of an educated member of society. The world is made up of more than film folks.

You know if you want to see some sort of measurable track record of film schools, have a look at the yearly winners of the student Academy Awards. I'm not sure it proves anything concrete, but several schools show up on the list several times over. You can interpret that anyway you wish:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student_Academy_Awards

R,

My alma matter is on there multiple times. So that means what exactly?