Which player to watch?

Hello i am shooting dslr video.When it comes to watching i've got very different results.When i watch with vlc player the video is darker and when i watch with gom player it is much less darker.So getting accurate result from my video which player should i use or maybe should i only use Adobe Premiere to watch videos?

• Premium Member

Sounds like a QuickTime gamma shift issue. What platform (Mac/PC) and OS version are you running?

I haven't seen this issue since I upgraded to Mac OSX 10.8.5. I still use Preview or QuickTime 7 Pro to quickly view video files, and it matches fine with Premiere Pro CC/2014, Davinci Resolve 10 Lite, RedCineX Pro, Sony Content Browser, Canon XF Utility, etc.

• Premium Member

Bear in mind all - or almost all - of those utilities will be using Quicktime to decode the video in any case. Yes, they do have some channels of control to ask Quicktime to alter its luminance decoding behaviour, but generally that'll be automated based on information in the file.

There can be some quite insidious problems with some players - on my Windows 7 workstation, for instance, VLC has different luminance behaviour on each of my two displays.

P