Gregory Irwin

Shameless self promotion!

Guest Stephen Murphy

Nice interview!

I especially like the glasses.

R,

Yep. An unfortunate byproduct of aging.

I'd guess that Greg only needs the glasses for closeup vision, like reading the display on the Preston, and looks over the top of his glasses to see distance.

Well you could wear contacts maybe? I mean the choice of glasses and the way you are wearing them.

R,

I'd guess that Greg only needs the glasses for closeup vision, like reading the display on the Preston, and looks over the top of his glasses to see distance.

Sadly, contacts don't work for me. The picture was taken in 2009 on THE FIGHTER. I only needed "cheaters" to see close as Stuart observed back then. Those days are over. Now, it's a pair of full time bi-focals. :(

I'm slightly short-sighted (about -0.75 and slightly astigmatic in the worse eye), though this is well within the correction range of most adjustable viewfinders. I could, in theory, have it laser-corrected, but I've never felt like having my corneas peeled.

I'm slightly short-sighted (about -0.75 and slightly astigmatic in the worse eye), though this is well within the correction range of most adjustable viewfinders. I could, in theory, have it laser-corrected, but I've never felt like having my corneas peeled.

With such a mild prescription, there's really very little point in Laser surgery. I seem to remember being told when I had my eyes done that the margin for error was +/- 1 diopter anyway.

Certainly. It's actually the astigmatism that's more worth correcting - I'm told it could be done, but frankly... I'm a wimp.

Certainly. It's actually the astigmatism that's more worth correcting - I'm told it could be done, but frankly... I'm a wimp.

I had lasek several years ago and had 6 great years. Now my eyes have not only returned to where they were before, they're worse! Old age is a b*#@t! :)

• Upvote 1

I had lasek several years ago and had 6 great years. Now my eyes have not only returned to where they were before, they're worse! Old age is a b*@ch!