Quick HMI question

So I'm relatively new to working with HMI's. I have used them when necessary over the years, but always rented and obviously didn't have to worry about maintenance due to that fact.

Recently decided to pick up a 1200w par to keep on the truck. Got a decent deal on a Sunray 1200 with Sunray electronic ballast. Anyways, I'm starting to have issues with striking it. It will strike intermittently. Sometimes on the first attempt, sometimes I just can't get it going. It will occasionally strike and start warming up, only to die out 10-20seconds later.

I'm hoping it's just an old globe, but with my lack of experience there I just don't know. Does this sound like familiar symptoms to anyone who works with them more often than I do?

Also, if anyone has a couple other pointers on keeping your HMI running well, please feel free to share. I know electronic ballasts are very susceptible to moisture. I keep most of our equipment on the truck which is of course not temperature controlled. Is that likely to cause an issue with humidity and temperature changes?

Thanks in advance.