Michael Bay Pain & gain (dark edge in some frames)

Younes Boudiaf

There was at least one quick shot of Bay holding a camera, with the crew (you too maybe) around him, in the right of frame when the bad guys steal the truck with all the cars loaded on the back. I never noticed in the theater, but did years later when it was on TV. I'll try to get a screencap.

• Premium Member

There was at least one quick shot of Bay holding a camera, with the crew (you too maybe) around him, in the right of frame when the bad guys steal the truck with all the cars loaded on the back. I never noticed in the theater, but did years later when it was on TV. I'll try to get a screencap.

Well I'll be!!! There he is. You are so correct Shawn. I've seen this picture numerous times and have NEVER noticed that. This goes to what I said in an earlier post, that Michael tends to decide what's important or not important in his world. Thank you Mr. Martin!

• Premium Member

If you can show that to me, I'd appewciate it. I've never seen that and I not sure that exists.

G

its funny how you see a movie over and over again and never see stuff.

Edited by Tyler Purcell

• Premium Member

its funny how you see a movie over and over again and never see stuff.

That's right! Especially since I pulled focus on that shot referenced above. It's quick but Michael is certainly there. My most sincere apologies to Shawn.

G

• Premium Member

Hahaha That's awesome ! did you know at that time? how the crew reacted to this !?

Do you mean did we know that Michael and another focus puller was in our shot? Probably. That was 12 years ago. And I'm sure we got his same answer, "Don't worry about it! I've got a guy!!" A guy, meaning VFX to paint him out in post.