Geoffrey Chandler

16mm wedding

Not much of a post but thought I'd share the fact I'm going to attempt to shoot a wedding this weekend with my new Ultra 16 Canon Scoopic. I'm taking 10 rolls of film:

(4) 500T

(4) 250D

(2) 50D

The bride prep is in a hotel room and I'm hoping I can get something with window light. Not sure about the ceremony since it's in a church. It looks to be well-lit but I won't know til I get there if ASA 500 1/51 @ 2.8 will work. The reception is supposed to be out of this world and is outdoors before dark.

• Upvote 1

I just got back some 7219 footage and it looks great pushed 2 stops. Provided they don't mind a bit more grain, you might consider going that route.

Edited by Bill DiPietra
  • Upvote 1

Yeah. I always run recon on my venues for light reasons. To be safe I always bring a video LED light as well. I try not to use it much.

The 16mm 500T 2 push probably isn't a bad idea. The grain should hold up. I wouldn't try that with super 8 though. It's already to grainy for my liking.

Window light can be fun. I'll post my most recent wedding where all interior is natural light except the end which is clearly nighttime.

Yep, I would have totally gone to the church before now but it's a ways out of town. I can either do it or not. I do have a LED light I can use to supplement natural light the rest of the day. I'm going home to practice loading the camera with some old film someone gave me.

I'm working on upgrading my vimeo... they're compression is still better than youtube, but still bad... so sad. The grain just messes with the compression/bit rate. I hate using grain reduction though. It kills so much of the look.