What's happened to Blue Cine Tech???

RoryMcHenry

Hi all,

Has anyone been in contact with Blue Cine Tech recently?

I ordered three rolls of film from them over a month ago, spoke on the phone, all fine, received the order. But when I sent the rolls back to be developed on the 24th of July I received no acknowledgement that they had got them - I left it a couple of weeks to give them time to develop and return but nothing came back.

I check my order status on their website and it just says 'payment received' - and still does a month later.

I have been emailing them every day and trying to call but the number on their website doesn't get through to them...

I'm very concerned as I spent over £100 on film and processing and shot a once in a lifetime holiday with the films - now I'm worried that my money and my films have been lost.

If anyone has dealt with them within the past few weeks I'd love to know if they are still in existence.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I seem to be having the same problem now. I ordered and received three super 8 cartridges a couple of months ago and sent them back to get processed in late august, yet since then I haven't received any notification that they received them. I know it hasn't been 18 days yet but I'm just a bit concerned. I emailed them enquiring about whether the films had arrived and they said they would check. Yet I didn't get an email back and after several emails from me, still nothing..... Their phone number still doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help or does anyone know what to do?

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I forgot to say, Ive tried email, ebay message and phone. Until today Ive only reached answer phone so maybe ive just been ringing at the wrong times haha. Ill keep plugging away.

Hopefully hes been on holiday or something and we arent loosing another good super 8 service in the uk!!!!

I Eventually got through to them once i messaged them on ebay and then I got a reply back through normal email and that was in September. They said they were having some equipment issues and that was why it was taking so long. So I think they're still going they just take ages to reply. In the end I did get the film back so all was fine it just took ages, hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone! I'm in the same situation. Two weeks ago I bought (paid through paypal) a pair of lamps and until now I haven't news from no one. Anyone knows if the shop still active? Should I try revert the paypal operation?

Thnnx in advance for any help.

Greetings!

Pedro

Edited by Pedro Santero

I received an a reply to an ebay email around the 6th of November. He didnt answer my question about sending film for processing (that I have already paid for). But he said Blue Cine Tech is still running, he had been abroad and his phone had died and he would be answering emails later in the day. Unfortunately he didnt reply to any of my emails. Ive since emailed him through ebay and his email addresses but have received no reply. His phone is still going straight to answer phone.

I may be wrong but looking at his feedback he still appears to be doing business on his ebay site so I really dont know what is going on.

It may be worth trying to get a refund through Paypal while you still can.

Thnxx Craig!

I read your post the day before yeserday and following your advice I started the refund process in paypay. Surprisingly, yesterday morning my lamps arrived :huh:

I haven't had any news durining the process (no confirmation mail, no shipping notice) but the product has arrived in perfect condition. Of course I´ve called to paypay to abort the refund.

Strange site Bluecinetech, but for the moment it works

Thnxx again & greetings!

Pedro

Its sad to read all this... I used them for years, on a very regular basis, and never had a problem

Yeah, solid supplier. Impatient people are so spoiled with updates for every move and fart on their order from large webshops that these regular shops who just do their work without yapping are publicly shamed or doubted for nothing. Obviously BlueCiné cannot spend so many hours on emailing about regular handling aspects. He is trying to make a living. EU and UK buyers can safely purchase all ciné goods from him.

• Upvote 1

Pedro - Glad your lamp turned up!!!!!

Just to confirm, I am not trying to bad mouth Bart in the slightest!!! I have also used Blue Cine Tech for years and the service has been great. He is extremely knowledgable and has always been very helpful whenever I have had any problems regarding Super 8.

Ive only joined this discussion as I have film to be processed that I have paid for and also been unable to contact him for well over a month. As ive said previously hes always replied quickly so I was trying to find out whats going on. We dont know whats going on in peoples lives so seeing if anyone had a clue. I dont want to / cant afford to loose film (I have had film lost before and its heartbreaking).

Fingers crossed he is okay and his business is still running as no one wants to loose another good UK based Super 8 service.

However I am having to pay a second time to get film processed. With prices of Super 8 going up this is an extra cost I could do without.

• 2 months later...

Hi, like a few others I'm now going through this very painful process. I sent my film for processing 3 months ago. Haven't received the film... can't make contact on the phone or via email.

Does anyone who has managed to get through know how I might be able to do the same?

This is my first super 8 film I've made and am going to be gutted if I don't get it back.

Any help is massively appreciated!

Edited by Ben Bowley

Hi, like a few others I'm now going through this very painful process. I sent my film for processing 3 months ago. Haven't received the film... can't make contact on the phone or via email.

Does anyone who has managed to get through know how I might be able to do the same?

This is my first super 8 film I've made and am going to be gutted if I don't get it back.

Any help is massively appreciated!

Just use the email-address or telephone number from the website.

• 2 months later...

Any news on any of this? Can't get through on the phone and no reply to e-mails. Wouldn't usually mind but they've got two of my films for processing and were meant to be sending me another unexposed cartridge too which never turned up. This Super 8 malarkey is pricey enough as it is...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, first post. I found this thread while googling Blue Cine Tech. I used Bart last year for development of 4 super 8mm cartridges, it took a month which is fine.

I recently send 5 more to be developed and transferred, emailing beforehand for a rough time estimate. I was told a month again, which again was fine. That was on March 20th and i've not had any word back from him. I don't mind waiting the extra time, but it's been three weeks over the one month estimation time, which is quite a lot of time, especially when i need these for work.

It's the lack of communication that bugs me, if i had a reply saying it would be more time and everything was ok i wouldn't mind at all. It's not cheap to get these done and it seems like once you've paid for the service, and it is a professional service, that he doesn't bother to reply.

Have you received yours back yet Sam?

Edited by Graham Tait