Is Kodak film cement discontinued?

Jon Taala

I heard from a little birdie that Kodak film cement has recently been discontinued? Does anyone know if this is real and can anyone confirm this?

I guess this means the end of negative cutting and cement splicing huh... Unless there is another company that makes film cement that I'm unaware of?

I heard from a seller that I usually buy my film cement from online. I don't know who to contact to find out if its really true or not, so i thought I'd go on this forum. I figure there has to be someone out there that knows better thank I do.

• Premium Member

Interesting. Nothing on the Kodak discontinued listings yet, but that doesn't mean anything. It might show up in the September listings if it winds up being true.

I just contacted a negative cutter I know about it. If hear anything from him, I'll post it.

Interesting. Nothing on the Kodak discontinued listings yet, but that doesn't mean anything. It might show up in the September listings if it winds up being true.

I just contacted a negative cutter I know about it. If hear anything from him, I'll post it.

Thanks Bill! I hope this isnt true...

• Premium Member

Just heard back from my guy and he stated he'd just gotten off the phone with Kodak and they apparently said they had no plans to discontinue the cement for negative cutting. But Dirk is correct in that there are other cement mixes that can be used. I think you can find them on the Urbanski Film website amongst others.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

DID YOU FIND ANY?

Bill mentioned Urbanski Film. Here is the website:

http://moviecraft.tripod.com/supplies.html

• FILM CEMENT. 1 ounce bottle with applicator brush......$9.00
  • FILM CEMENT PINT CAN. ..An excellent savings....16 ounces..plus an empty 1 ounce bottle and brush for application. $38

You can also buy it from Christy's in Los Angeles .

www.christys.net

Edited by James Compton