I want to make an "heavy" investment by buying the Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm f1.8 for my Panasonic GH2 camera. Will I regret this?

After using my kit lens 14-35mm lens F3.5 on my camera (Panasonic GH2) for a while now, i really want to step up my game a little bit. Been saving money for a while now and I think I need some more shallow depth of field in my shots. I know micro four thirds cant get as much shallow depth of field as full frame dslr camera, but since since this is the camera I was able to afford, i want to step up my game. I have heard alot about the Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm f1.8 how fast and sharp the lens is and I have saved up to buy the lens. Really need good shallow depth of field in my shots. Will i regret putting such amount of money on that lens considering I am still a student. Are there serious "cons" I need to consider about the lens before buying it. Whats your advice for me as regards the lens if you know about it. Should I go for it or there are better options I can go for.(But consider my budget). I have checked for reviews online about the lens and they all seem satisfying but I hear it does not have a focussing ring. Is that true. What do you know about the lens

• 3 months later...

Zuikos are great lenses. I've personally only ever used them on 35mm and super 35mm sensors/film, but they should work just fine with a smaller sensor (with a corresponding alteration of apparent angle of view.) In fact, Zuikos have been used on many well known stop motion films (such as the Aardman films.) You may also want to consider c mount lenses (with a suitable adapter.) This may prove slightly cheaper.