I want to make an "heavy" investment by buying the Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm f1.8 for my Panasonic GH2 camera. Will I regret buying this?

John1

After using my kit lens 14-35mm lens F3.5 on my camera (Panasonic GH2) for a while now, i really want to step up my game a little bit. Been saving money for a while now and I think I need some more shallow depth of field in my shots. I know micro four thirds cant get as much shallow depth of field as full frame dslr camera, but since since this is the camera I was able to afford, i want to step up my game. I have heard alot about the Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm f1.8 how fast and sharp the lens is and I have saved up to buy the lens. Really need good shallow depth of field in my shots. Will i regret putting such amount of money on that lens considering I am still a student. Are there serious "cons" I need to consider about the lens before buying it. Whats your advice for me as regards the lens if you know about it. Should I go for it or there are better options I can go for.(But consider my budget). I have checked for reviews online about the lens and they all seem satisfying but I hear it does not have a focussing ring. Is that true. What do you know about the lens

If you buy a lens second hand, you will not lose much money when you sell it (provided the lens doesn't develop a bad rep).

I actually made money on a couple of my DSLR lenses, so buy wise and you'll be able to change your mind without regretting it :)

• Premium Member

Don't know about video, but getting the fast Panasonic Lumix 20mm f/1.7 lens was the best thing I ever did for shooting stills on my M4/3 Olympus Pen camera -- got a nice depth of field that was more like a larger format camera, was able to shoot at a lower ISO to reduce noise, and 20mm was more or less like a "normal" lens.