Crew Rates

• Premium Member

Depends a lot on the market you're in, what kind of experience the people have, and any kit fees they may or may not be charging. The only standards, really are union rates. Non Union actually cuts both much cheaper and much more expensive.

• Premium Member

As Adrian said, there are many factors affecting non-union rates. Those factors result in a wide range of numbers. For example a day rate for the DP can be anywhere from $200 - $1600. Gaffer or Key Grip $200-$800. Sound is the same as the Gaffer plus equipment rental. So, yes, its all over the place. Sounds like you need someone in your production team who has local experience in this matter.

good luck

maybe show an example of the type of work.... what cameras do you shoot on?

an expereinced DP for well done corporate interview kinda stuff in my experience is $1,000 and up

Gaffer 600 and up

grip 400 and up

if you are shooting skeleton crew on a 5d and making a shoty video for youtube the prices might be different as you can hirer younger guys with less knoweledge but if you are shooting on a cinema camera and want good crew those are kinda the bottom rates that I work with as a DP doing that kinda thing.

• 1 month later...

It also depends on where you are shooting. rates in places like LA and NYC will be higher than in North Carolina or Ohio. I'm in NJ and I have done work for $700 a day as a DP for corporate and then did $500 for a low budget cable commercial guy I knew, who was being marked up by another company. And then there's the $1,000 clients as well. Are you using Crews Control or someone like that?