Roger Deakins new shoot.

Hmm... As a huge advocate for film acquisition, I am glad that he will shoot on film. Obviously, he is one of the cinematographers that i look up to, but prefer his older film work as opposed to his later digital work. Photography wise, I think they are all great, but holm film originated movies have much more depth and richness to them. It's just my personal opinion. I mean I was watching The Assassination of Jesse James today, my god, such a beautifully shot film with a lot of depth and dimensionality with phenomenal blacks as opposed to Skyfall, for example, looks more 2 dimensional to me. Again, I wish I was the tenth of what he is as a cinematographer...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm... As a huge advocate for film acquisition, I am glad that he will shoot on film. Obviously, he is one of the cinematographers that i look up to, but prefer his older film work as opposed to his later digital work. Photography wise, I think they are all great, but holm film originated movies have much more depth and richness to them. It's just my personal opinion. I mean I was watching The Assassination of Jesse James today, my god, such a beautifully shot film with a lot of depth and dimensionality with phenomenal blacks as opposed to Skyfall, for example, looks more 2 dimensional to me. Again, I wish I was the tenth of what he is as a cinematographer...

Sorry how many features you shot on film? just wondering :)

Sorry how many features you shot on film? just wondering :)

Okay theres far too much of this "Just wondering" crap happening on cine.com lately.

What does this have to do with the thread exactly?

The thread isn't about Giray so I don't see how it's appropriate at all to start asking the guy about his personal life experiences in the middle of the thread for no reason.

You also quote from the thread... If you are suggesting the guy is not allowed to have any opinions or a discussion on the subject until he has a long line of feature credits under his arm then that seems really out of order and pointlessly hostile.

Freya

Edited by Freya Black
  • Upvote 5