Double Data problem

Another annoyingly specific problem with a copy of Double Data

When I start up the program there is already a source selected from a previous production however when I try to delete it, it simply won't budge (by either highlighting it, clicking "-" or the "X").
I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it many times with the same result. I wanted to try using my registration number on a trial version to see if that would sort it but no matter what I do, that source keeps coming with it to taunt me.
what am I missing here? I have searched the computer for any remaining files to be deleted but have come up with nothing in the search.
the version of Double Data is 2.2.1 running on a Mac with 10.9.4
I have tried to more comprehensively delete the software with App Zapper and since then I'm not even able to find it inside the Applications folder and can only access it by searching for it in the Spotlight function.
I have tried reinstalling the older version (1.1) also with the same problem (not appearing in the Applications folder).
I've already passed this question onto the Night Sky support but have received no response as of yet (sent a few days ago).
We would all appreciate the thoughts of any of you more computer savvy than I. cheers!
Marcus