Ballast Adapter Questions

So I have an Arri 4k HMI that came with a matching magnetic ballast. I also have a (much lighter) Desisti 4kW electronic ballast that I would like to use with the Arri instead of the giant magnetic beast. So I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere that I could buy an adapter to just attach between the header cable and the ballast rather than replacing all of the connections.

So basically I need something that goes between these two VEAM connections

post-40332-0-56380000-1413932379_thumb.jpg

post-40332-0-54926200-1413932409_thumb.jpg

If not an adapter then does anyone know a good place to buy these connectors in the US? I have the pinout information for Desisti and Arri so I could make it myself. I'm just having trouble locating somewhere that stocks them. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by gino varisano

• 4 weeks later...

So I have an Arri 4k HMI that came with a matching magnetic ballast. I also have a (much lighter) Desisti 4kW electronic ballast that I would like to use with the Arri instead of the giant magnetic beast. So I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere that I could buy an adapter to just attach between the header cable and the ballast rather than replacing all of the connections.

So basically I need something that goes between these two VEAM connections

attachicon.gifIMAG0644.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0645.jpg

If not an adapter then does anyone know a good place to buy these connectors in the US? I have the pinout information for Desisti and Arri so I could make it myself. I'm just having trouble locating somewhere that stocks them. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I can help you with either. Making an adapter or getting you the parts.

GFS Lighting Repairs

George Suarez

8216 Lankershim Blvd. #24

North Hollywood, Ca. 91605

818-767-6927