Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stephen Murphy

Cinelabs London group visit

Guest Stephen Murphy

Myself and John Holland will be taking a tour of Cinelabs, one of the two boutique film labs in London, on the 13th November to see their recently revamped facilities. If anyone would like to join us you'd be more then welcome, please let me know here and I'll add your name to the list.

Guest Stephen Murphy

I'm sure you could Phil but obviously just check with the guys at the lab, I'm sure they won't mind the publicity though. I'll put you on the list and get back to you with times a little later in the week. Anyone else want to join us?

Oh, I've just wriiten an article about the lab, but I do need to go down to take some pictures, thought I'm not sure about the 13th yet. I have been using them for a while for 16mm processing ad telecine. The changes have been very positive for the small independent filmmaker, they are much more friendlier and welcoming.

Pav

Edited by Pav Deep

Myself and John Holland will be taking a tour of Cinelabs, one of the two boutique film labs in London, on the 13th November to see their recently revamped facilities. If anyone would like to join us you'd be more then welcome, please let me know here and I'll add your name to the list.

The thing is that it doesn't appear to be in London.

I've been invited there before about a year ago and they seemed really nice and friendly but it seems to be way out in the land of Mars Bars and TV Century 21. Much as I'd like to check out the labs and maybe see what is still left of the old film studio, (not to mention chocolate!) it doesn't seem to be that practical on the face of it.

Freya

Edited by Freya Black

Oh, crikey, yes, it's in Slough. Er. Hm.

It appears to be about as much in London as "London Southend Airport" is in London.

Or London Luton or London Gatwick. It's actually closer than both of those.

Perhaps 'Cinelab Slough' didn't sound right.

It's where 'Thunderbirds' came from so it can't be all bad, pace John Betjeman.

I'd love to come, are you going by car by any chance? It's takes about 2 hours to get there from where I'm in London, which is pretty remote compare to i-Dailies in Acton.

Guest Stephen Murphy

Yes the tour will begin at 11am and I'll be taking the train from central London.

Oron will I add you to the list?

Guest Stephen Murphy

There's a direct train leaving Paddington at 10.12am that takes just 35mins - that's how I'll be traveling. It should be a short walk from the station on the other end or we can share a cab from Burnham station.

Guest Stephen Murphy

Hey guys - unfortunately due to work myself and John can't make the Thursday trip now so were going to try an reschedule to a date after Camerimage is finished. In the meantime if anyone else is interested in a potential visit leave your name here and I'll update this thread when I have another specific date in mind.

Guest Stephen Murphy

I've rearranged the trip to Cinelabs for next Weds the 3rd December at 10am. I'll be traveling from London Paddington on the 912 to burnham. If anyone wants to join us on the trip please add your name here.

Guest Stephen Murphy

Final reminder for this lab trip tomorrow - kicks off at 10am.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it - work intervenes. Which is bad and good in equal measure, I suppose. Sorry.

P