Real Estate Drone Ad (ameteur work looking for tips)

Justin Wall

I am very new to cinematography and would love to have some constructive criticism on my most recent video. I am working with several realtors taking aerial footage, and putting a video together of the footage I take for advertising purposes. I just recently got started into editing and film, so I am quite inexperienced. With my last work I was told by someone who has had "many classes that focus on cinematography" that my scene order was completely off. Also I was told that the music choice does not work with the demographic of the home. I spent a lot of time working on this getting (somewhat) stable clips and piecing them together. After putting in so much time, I felt very demoralized to get this type of feedback, but if anybody agrees with my "cinematography veteran," please help me find out what I am doing wrong. Thank you, and here is the link to the video.

Watched once.

Yes, music not good (in itself and as a match to the clip) - beat too heavy...

Re. 'scene order' >>Google 'establishing shot'.

Try a little post stabilisation maybe or cut the bumps - also something about the wide shots makes me feel a little ill (stop the ride I wanna get off!) - maybe simply cutting shots a little sooner could solve this issue.

What's wrong with some static shots on sticks? You can still have dynamic features in the frame, like a boat cruising up to the jetty etc...

Also try to keep the house in centre frame, felt like it was given too much overhead space in one of the aerials.

Many possibilities, and no need to be super artistic.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

theres more to creating an image that make people WANT vs just showing something in a fashion the will never see. You need to use elements to create a feel for the property, that fits with the demographic who can afford such. at this point, unless you create emotion in your images, real estate agents can grab a SD quad copter for under a hundred bucks, and go into it with the same mindset you have shown. If you want to be successful I recommend you time you time and choreograph your shots a bit better, as to do something THEY can't. From the video I see, I imagine agents taking a chance one these cheap drones and feeling more than fulfilled. your work must be unattainable images

• Upvote 1