Amateur question about lighting for Super 8 Vision3 500T

Hello

I'm going to try this film stock for the first time using a Beaulieu 1008xl in an interior setting that may be tricky for me to light properly. I'm wondering if I can get the lighting to f4.5, would that generally be a decent exposure? This is a great forum, by the way...I really appreciate how much people are willing to share information.

Thanks

Gary

• Premium Member

Hello

I'm going to try this film stock for the first time using a Beaulieu 1008xl in an interior setting that may be tricky for me to light properly. I'm wondering if I can get the lighting to f4.5, would that generally be a decent exposure? This is a great forum, by the way...I really appreciate how much people are willing to share information.

Thanks

Gary

Speaking as someone who is literally in the middle of shooting interiors on 16mm 500T (we just wrapped for the day a few hours ago,) 7219 has nice latitude. However, I've been rating the film at 2K because I want a grainy look, and I've been getting readings ranging from 2.8 to 5.6 with the low-light interiors I've been doing. But I'm not sure how that would translate on the Super-8 stock.

What kind of lighting set-up are we talking about?

Edited by Bill DiPietra
  • Upvote 1

• Premium Member

I'm using a light kit from my cable access station! They're tungsten, I'm not sure what size or wattage...

They're probably fresnels or open-faced lights. You should be able to get a decent stop between the film's ASA & the lights.

• Upvote 1