Best place in NewYork to get S16 camera serviced

Prashantt Rai

• Premium Member

Is it an Arriflex camera? If so, Arri NY can still service SRs although I'm not sure if that is official or not...might be just if you know the guy.

Best bet might be AbelCine (sponsor of this site)

http://www.abelcine.com/store/home.php

They can probably handle just about anything and are very good with lenses for sure.

Another option might be Duall Camera. Small shop but good guys that know their stuff. If they can't service it they'll know the best people in town for it.

http://www.duallcamera.com

• Premium Member

Where is Arri East Coast located? Whats their contact info?

As Mark replied, the sales office is in Blauvelt, NY. The rental office used to be located over on the West Side of Manhattan (10th Ave?) but they moved that to Secaucus, NJ. But they still have it listed as a New York location on their website which makes no sense.

So...

ARRI Sales

617 Route 303

Blauvelt, NY 10913-1109

info@arri.com

P: 845.353.1400

F: 845 425.1250

They have two different rental locations in NJ - one for camera, one for lighting & grip. But both are in the same zip code, so they are probably right around the corner from one another:

ARRI Camera Rental

25 Enterprise Ave North

Secaucus, NJ 07094

P: 212.757.0906

F: 212.713.0075

ARRI Lighting & Grip Rental

40 Hartz Way

Secaucus, NJ 07094

P: 212.757.0906

F: 212.586.1756

Edited by Bill DiPietra

Because Bill I am arriving at NYC and then travelling down to Virginia. I will be on the east coast.

Is Visual Products a viable option. They have one of the good reputations for conversions and service. The word is they can be more expensive than some of the small (one man) businesses, but I don't know how true that is.

• Premium Member

Is Visual Products a viable option. They have one of the good reputations for conversions and service. The word is they can be more expensive than some of the small (one man) businesses, but I don't know how true that is.

That's exactly why I asked. I purchased my Arri-S from them in 2006 and just got it serviced about a month ago. The total with shipping was $400. I highly recommend them.