Filmstudent Looking for critique on his 1st Demo Reel

• Premium Member

I enjoyed it and I really like the shot that is shown as the frame of the demo reel on youtube (the one with the guy looking at the trophies)

I don't know what else to say as I have no knowledge on what you should put on your reel, however, there are plenty of super smart guys here who will be able to let you know! :)

Have a good day!

Hey Carlos!

Nice 1st reel, I like that you kept precise and short too. Sometimes people try to cram too much, rather than picking their best shots to showcase. Your shot at 0:43 reminded me of a shot from "Three Colors: Blue". Lastly, (IMO) I think that you should pick a stronger shot to end with. But all in all good work man! Keep shooting!

Best,

Anthony

• Premium Member

Nice job! You have some nice images in there and I liked your lighting patterns. I like the blacks in the black & white shots considering this is all digital.

I would really like to see some wide-shots. Master shots are probably the most important ones to show on your reel since it indicates you know how to light a large area. For the most part, tighter shots are usually easier to light.

But overall, a nice first reel. Keep it up.

Thank youu for all for your nice words. Iver actually been going to my school for about two years but have a plethora of footage from all of shorts ive shot. For the most part all i have to work with my my schools lights which at most are 2k's. Im going to redue my reel again using more wides Lol,Bill your absolutly right. I need more wides.