A clip of my latest project I was able to upload before my hard drive crashed

In case anybody important liked that...

I'm a music student, but I have a film I've wanted to do since 2006, when I wrote it. It's about a future where everything has gone bad, seen through a purely 1970s lens. The film is really about the conflict between the Baby Boomers and the generation before them, but it is dressed up as sci-fi.

I can have it out in 15 months with $45 million minimum. I'll keep it under 150 minutes. Studio specifies the stars, but I get to edit and do the music, because that is what I'm best at.

I'd love to do just this one film and see how it goes. Obviously, this isn't how things are done in Hollywood from my experience, but I thought I'd throw that one out there in case someone is out there waiting for exactly this kind of a project.

I feel comfortable discussing it here because even knowing all of the pieces of the puzzle, nobody can possibly put it all together correctly except me.

The plot is an action plot; detective Hanson is searching for serial killers in the seedy city. But that's not the heart of the story. The heart of the movie is when the detective falls in love with a girl who he thinks is a "good girl" (a rare species in this future society) but who turns out to be bad like the others-promiscuous as hell, foul-mouthed, etc. This transformation is tragic and it drives Hanson insane-but not before he and his Chinese sidekick make a last ditch attempt to save the society from what it has become and return it to its former state (and even at the end, in a wheelchair, Hanson spits out his "medications" and continues to fight the system as credits roll.

The movie is purely 1978. By that I mean that it is identical in every way to a film made in 1978-not just technically (proper colors, proper grain, proper speed shot, proper audio in mono and rough), but in terms of content (in the future, everybody wears sideburns, for instance). A purely 1970s take on the future.

What I've just said doesn't begin to do it justice; to do it justice, I would have to make it and put the images and sounds on screen for you to fully understand. What I will say is that this is the type of movie that would generate a lot of controversy and most likely make a lot of money.

Much of the film revolves around the nightclub, where the workers, forced to work in the hot sun in the cornfield the whole day, get to be taxied down into the city to blow all of their money. These are the 6 songs featured in the film (music rights required of course):

-1978 "Let's try once again."

-You Set My Heart on Fire (1976), Tina Charles

-Charo's "Dance a Little Bit Closer"

-Gotta Keep Dancing Carrie Lucas

-More (1976) AC soulful symphony

-Touch My Love (1977)

The whole film has an eerie feel to it.

Just out of curiosity, how would one go about pitching that to a studio? Would they need to see the script, or would the synopsis do? Would you be required to furnish evidence of extremely high skill in editing and music? I have that (too many copyright protection problems to post online). Would you need a connection to a working screenwriter? I have that.

I guess it's just a matter of living in Los Angeles, California, rather than upstate New Hampshire!