DISAPPEAR - 4 min stopmotion. Spent 2&1/2 years making this singlehandedly. Would love to hear your thoughts on it!

Hi. My film has been picking up a bit of speed. I've got a basic BTS video in post production, coming soon.

Spent two and a half years in a garage making this between paid work. My next projects are all live-action, but I think I'll do animation again at some point in the future.

Film is screening at the BFI Future Film Festival in February, which will likely be its final festival screening.

Would love to know what you guys think!

H.

I'm always interested when I hear the words, "stop motion."

Beautifully done sir! Excellent workmanship, it should generate a good festival run for you.

R,

Thanks Richard! I'm glad you liked it.

It has played at a number of festivals so far, and won me the "Young Filmmaker Award" at Shuffle Festival in London, chosen by Danny Boyle. Also played at Mill Valley, where I got to meet Darren Aronofsky, and go to Pixar etc. Crazy experience going from a garage in the middle of no-where to meeting some of my heroes.

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

Great work! Besides the very elegant stop-motion, I appreciated the Kafka-esque themes you had in there. And you obviously paid careful attention to frame composition which could not have been easy.

Well done and congrats!