Daylight fluorescent tubes, 10 off, 36W

Phil Rhodes

• Premium Member

I have a pack of ten Philips Master TL-D 90 De Luxe four foot, 36-watt, T8 (26mm diameter) fluorescent tubes in manufacturer's original packaging, which were purchased in error. These are 5300K (daylight) tubes with a 92 CRI, suitable for replacing tubes in existing fixtures on location or would suit someone homebrewing some fluorescent lights.

These cost me about £40 delivered, happy to sell for £20 just to get them out of the way. Quite a big package (1300x180x180mm, 2.5kg) so probably only worth it if we can arrange to meet up and make the exchange. They're currently in Essex, but I am regularly in London.

It's this or eBay!

Best,

Phil

I might be interested. What's the problem with them?

Were you after the 58's?

36 does seem a little measly.

It seems like a slightly odd length too so I'm not sure they will fit any of my fixtures which I think are either shorter or longer (Mostly about twice as long actually) These are about 1.3 meters?

Unfortunately I don't have the fixtures here to make a measurement.

Freya

• Premium Member

Nothing wrong with them at all, I just ordered daylight rather than (almost) tungsten.

Four foot (often given as 1200mm) by T8 is just about the most common type of fluorescent tube in the world, which is why I use them. Almost any type of tube - any shade of white and any colour of the rainbow - is available in that size. Completely standard.

Types up to 8 feet do exist.

P

Nothing wrong with them at all, I just ordered daylight rather than (almost) tungsten.

Four foot (often given as 1200mm) by T8 is just about the most common type of fluorescent tube in the world, which is why I use them. Almost any type of tube - any shade of white and any colour of the rainbow - is available in that size. Completely standard.

Types up to 8 feet do exist.

P

Hmmm 1200mm does sound familiar actually.

Most of my fixtures are at least twice that length which made me popular when I first hopped on a bus with them!

Freya

• Premium Member

I doubt you'd see much over 96 inches - 8 foot tubes are reasonably rare and I'm not sure that anything larger is made. It starts to be neon after that point!

And 5mm LEDs are T1 3/4!

It expands to other things too. MR16s are two inches across, PAR64s are 8 inches, etc.

I doubt you'd see much over 96 inches - 8 foot tubes are reasonably rare and I'm not sure that anything larger is made. It starts to be neon after that point!

Yeah twice the size might be going too far but they are really long but I have a couple of shorter ones too which I'm guessing are your 4 foot size.

and... I can always make some more too of course! :)

I sent you a PM BTW.

Freya

Edited by Freya Black