Wireless SDI Video Transmitters - Which One?

• Premium Member

Hi Guys,

I'm looking into options for a no-nonsense, connects-and-stays-connected wireless system for Director/Client monitoring. Of the options I can find, the obvious choices seem to be either the Arrow-X from Paralinx, the Bolt Pro 600 from Teradeck or the Recon X5 from Switronix.

All three options claim a similar range 700' for the Paralinx, 600' for the Teradeck and 500' for the Switronix. The Teradeck is the priciest of the three (by some margin) but offers both SDI and HDMI inputs (which could make it more versatile down the road should I opt to put a small camera on a gimbal or drone); the Paralinx offers the best range of the three, but just has SDI, it's the middle option price-wise; the dark horse is the Switronix Recon X5, which is just SDI and has a slightly shorter range (500'), but is the cheapest of the three and offers the advantage of a passthrough v-mount connection - so you can simply mount it on the camera's v-mount plate, slap a v-mount battery on the back of the transmitter and you're powered and ready to shoot (reduces clutter on the camera and speeds up setup times).

I'd be keen to hear people's thoughts on these three (particularly the Switronix, which I can find NO information on). And any other suggestions people might have.

Cheers,

Mark