just wanted to alert everyone to the extraorinary debut feature HUKKLE film by Gyorgy Palfi.

The most remarkable thing about this film is that there is no dialogue. This is an audio and visual delight from beginning to end. The cinematography is exquisite and full of surprises. And the soundtrack... is life..(hukkle is the onomatopoeic word of someone hiccuping)

Without doubt to my mind this is the cinematic event of the last decade.. (anyone who thinks it was the matrix is in the matrix)

I strongly encourage anyone who loves cinema and rails against its lack of imagination to see this film and be reinvigorated, and see the world and cinema afresh with wonder at its possibilities.. By the way there is a thriller narrative happening in the background throughout the film but the camera always discovers something far more interesting to observe

Check out the very clever website www.hukkle.hu for more info.

NOTE: this film is very hard to get on DVD.. and i have been trying. i have even got the hungarian embassey helping me now to translate a website www.netpiac.hu where it is possible to buy, but unbelieveably expensive to post overseas for some reason.. but this film is worth it...

A Few of my FAVORITE FILMS (excluding most of the yawningly obvious):

Loves of a Blonde - Milos Foreman

The Good The Bad and The Ugly - sergio leone

Dekalog - krzysztof kieslowski

The Return - andrey zvyagintsev (mentioned in previous post)

Persona - ingmar bergman

cul-de-sac - roman polanski

down by law - jim jarmusch

Hukkle - Gyorgy Palfi

Guest Charlie Seper

Hmm...sounds interesting. Let us know if you find an American source, DVD or VHS either one.

BTW, you mentioned one Bergman film. Have you by any chance ever seen, "The Magician"? If so, did you like it? I've been looking for a copy to rent but haven't been very lucky thus far. I've never seen this one except for some previews of it that were on my DVD of "The Seventh Seal". The previews looked great but I'm hesitant to buy a film I haven't seen without renting it first.

I haven't seen "The Magician". I have heard that it is widely underrated, and one of his more comic films.

I have managed to find someone in Hungary(an irish guy living there) to get a copy of Hukkle for me.

I don't know if possible to get region 1 but might be possible to get region zero..

go to www.netpiac.hu and find someone to translate. As said before though it is very expensive to post/deliver.

Have look at www.hukklefilm.hu official website too.

• 1 month later...
Guest robix
I don't know if possible to get region 1 but might be possible to get region zero..

go to www.netpiac.hu and find someone to translate. As said before though it is very expensive to post/deliver.

I'd be glad to help anyone to translate as I am hungarian.

On the other hand, instead of ordering it from here you may want to wait a few weeks as Hukkle will be available on DVD internationally (including Region 1) this summer. You can already pre-order it from Amazon.

P.s.: The cinematographer's name is Gergely Pohárnok.