what microphone to buy

The Zoom preamps are pretty noisy, so it's generally not well liked as a recorder for film. You might want to look at the NTG-4 instead, it has a narrower pickup pattern that makes it easier to work with, plus I'd recommend looking into a Tascam or BeachTek rather than Zoom for recording. Both have much cleaner preamps than the Zooms do.

Hello Swtiris, the NTG-2 works with either a battery or phantom power from a preamp, mixer or recorder. I would buy the H4N because it has XLR inputs. However, the integrated preamps are really not good and will give you a lot of hiss on your sound. You need a dedicated preamp before the recorder. You don't need to go really expensive, I have this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=10615405&InitialSearch=yes&sts=piand it gives me 40 db of very clean gain. You can use a 9v battery to power it so it's portable for field and dialogue recording.

Also note that a shotgun microphone is not good for interior dialogue. It gets phase issues with the reverberation of the space, it's a lot better for outdoor. That being said, if you are close enough to the talent it should still sound half decent.

Hello Swtiris, the NTG-2 works with either a battery or phantom power from a preamp, mixer or recorder. I would buy the H4N because it has XLR inputs. However, the integrated preamps are really not good and will give you a lot of hiss on your sound. You need a dedicated preamp before the recorder. You don't need to go really expensive, I have this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=10615405&InitialSearch=yes&sts=piand it gives me 40 db of very clean gain. You can use a 9v battery to power it so it's portable for field and dialogue recording.

Also note that a shotgun microphone is not good for interior dialogue. It gets phase issues with the reverberation of the space, it's a lot better for outdoor. That being said, if you are close enough to the talent it should still sound half decent.

art usb dual what exactly is this a recorder divice ?? i just get the microphone with a cable and aonother coble into my camera and now i m finishe

• 2 weeks later...