Hi! I am writing this message from Ukraine and want to say sorry for grammar mistakes.

I want to get advices about film education in Great Britain. I am working in film industry more than 8 years as camera assistant in Ukraine and need to extend my professional skills and maybe join in Europe filmmaking field.

So who can tell me about not expensive film school or courses of cinematography?

Hi Dmitriy! I'm not an expert in this, but as a student, I've looked up cinematography courses a lot. :) I don't think there are a lot of universities in the UK that offer a degree specifically in cinematography, except for the National Film and Television School - which, I believe, is pretty expensive. However, if this helps, here's the NFTS' page on scholarships: https://nfts.co.uk/fees-funding/scholarships

Maybe someone else knows about another program that offers a degree in cinematography in the UK. If so, I'm very interested too! :)

The UK is also really expensive generally, London especially and even a lot of people born here are being driven out of London and even out of the country. I'm not sure why you would want to come and study here if you have a United States passport (the golden ticket for film workers) or even a Canadian one for that matter.

If you are from Europe you might be better looking at the film schools in Poland etc.

Freya

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hy Dmitriy!

I don't know whether you are still searching, but I would like to study cinematography in UK too and I found Bournemouth University (MA Cinematography for film and television) and Edinburgh Napier University (MA Film with cinematogaphy path). I don't know how these Masters are but I think that are the cheapiest, especially the Napier one (3750£).

Does anyone know or attended these course?

Let us know.