Shoulder mounted SI2K

rob spence

Many thanks.

It's a standard SI2K camera head which plays straight into a macmini server model...these have 2 hard drives ( I've fitted ssd drives ) so one hard drive holds the operating system ( apple bootcamp running windows XP...needed for the SI2K software ) and the other hard drive is for the footage. It all works on 12 volt. Hdmi cables link to the 7 inch touch screen and miniHD evf. The touch screen is used for the camera interface. I'm in the process of developing a blackberry phone style finger joystick 'mouse' to fit on the handgrips so the interface can be managed through the evf aswell...this will make operating even easier in low light. The camera head can be removed very quickly for remote operation on long cables . All of my S16 lenses fit...which is one reason I went for the SI2K....I also think that the results are as 'film like' as any digital camera out there. There are a few things to tidy up ...like wiring, but I'm very pleased with the result...it does feel like an aaton on the shoulder.

Nice rigging!

Reminds me of what the black betty guys were developing.

http://blackbettycameras.com/first-camera/

If anyone is interested, I'm selling a si2k mini as well as the body, monitor and accessories.

I have 3, time to move one of them :)

Contact me on my website if interested.

www.justinlovell.com

most of the work on there was shot on the si2k.

Same with this project:

Frame Discreet

8/16/35mm to 5k Film Scans

www.framediscreet.com