Testing out my DIY RGBW LED panel on set.

Last time I posted Just made my self LED fixture. Tuneable, Color lighting. http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=65114

The photo in post broken link.

post-63287-0-40618300-1427350406_thumb.jpg

post-63287-0-52111300-1427350428_thumb.jpg

I just have opportunity to really testing it in real set and with professional camera like RED One ( really the first RED One sir!!)

The power get cut on that day and I can't use any Kinos. So interior is very tight space and mostly closed. Reflector was use to bounce the light from outside through the door right side and left of female actor.

I put LED on C-stand and get it above actor to simulate windows light from above which tend to get warmer because it mostly will get yellow tint. So I adjust it to 5300K preset. Power? it was tap from RED v mount battery.

It's RGB ribbon + WW LEDs ribbon mixed together and calibrated on histogram, vector scope and some eye on Magic Lantern.

I installed micro prism sheet which similar to Litepanel Nanopticlens used on Helios line directing the light to 60 degree.

post-63287-0-29244300-1427350453_thumb.jpg

Here are samples screenshot

bffbbf_1_1_1.jpg

Here LED was lit from above the man.

bffbbf_1_12_1.jpg

There are a lot to be done with it. It's consume too much power supposed that because it's RGBW and not efficient LED chip. But hence it's RGBW it have much flexibility as it design to use.

Looks pretty good to me.

I have experiment with Arduino Mega which can drive at 32KHz which produced no flicker at all within 1/2000.

It's now being develop with Digital circuit.

It may get more efficient than old circuit which used current limiting transistor.