Framing in cinemascope

Are your dogs SAG or non-SAG?

I've been strongly suggesting they go Ficore... But I do leave it up to them.

One doesn't like speaking roles all that much, but the other... well, she'll talk your head of if given a chance...

I recommend Bruce Weber’s “A Letter to True"

And I don’t think anyone is defending the film. It’s one thing to point out merits, it’s another to write off people who do so based on personal opinion.

In a certain regard to the discussed clip... I've gotten over these sorts of things a long time ago. While some may argue that back in the olden days of Film film, people produced better... I would disagree. The biggest difference is now many more people can actually see offerings of many levels of quality, rather than only via 'live projection'... The several years that the Wife was in various 'film classes', where one either made videos, editing on U-Matics, or 8mm shorts, had all levels of quality, and mostly embarrassingly bad... The Wife of course only made quality stuff... but she never did take to 'moving pictures', and returned to still photography after her degree...

• Premium Member

It took me about a minute to realize what that short was doing, and after that I laughed out loud all the way to the end. Really funny stuff.

While I may not agree with the WAY Joshua expressed himself about this video (sorry...that's what it is,) I have to agree with Joshua's sentiment. I've seen far better shorts made in school and this gets into highly respected festivals??? This is not art. It's not even entertaining. It's mindless nonsense. You can call me a film snob but this kind of thing is fine for a screening in the classroom as a beginner's school project. Not the festivals it apparently got into.

While I may not agree with the WAY Joshua expressed himself about this video (sorry...that's what it is,) I have to agree with Joshua's sentiment. I've seen far better shorts made in school and this gets into highly respected festivals??? This is not art. It's not even entertaining. It's mindless nonsense. You can call me a film snob but this kind of thing is fine for a screening in the classroom as a beginner's school project. Not the festivals it apparently got into.

While not quite the same thing, for the few still photo fests I've judged, and the Wife who has done far more of this at various 'pro' organization conferences... sometimes 'stuff gets through'... Some set of people were asleep at the stick when going through 5000 entries or whatever for some of these big name fests, etc.

But sometimes it is just sort of 'which is worse', and picking the least worst... rather than, which is The Best...

So, I have tended these days not to 'worry' about individual submissions that happen to show up, and induce me to ask 'why was this selected'...

Overall the big name fests do attract a better quality, and by sifting through, one can find learning opportunities.

Edited by John E Clark