Eyemo modification

Ted Keaton III

Hey!

Modified Eyemo purchased on Ebay, curious if anyone might be familiar with the buttons and inputs on this camera?

I understand the bottom 4-pin is for power, but the small top input?

Switches also puzzle me, red and white buttons don't seem to do anything and not sure why they are on camera (the silver toggle switch stops and starts filming motion... maybe an override of sorts?).

There is a round silver thing on the side of camera (size of a quarter) that spins when the camera is actually filming, no clue what that's about either.

Special thanks for any input or ideas offered... I'm really excited about actually shooting film and being involved with this board.

PS. It's actually not very loud with the crystal synch motor, I am confident that I can build a blimp for it.

post-67250-0-70411000-1428712483_thumb.jpg

post-67250-0-63633300-1428712513_thumb.jpg

post-67250-0-47531700-1428712528_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member

Ted,

As you know, we have the same Steve's Cine Mod Eyemo. I believe the smaller plug above the 4 pin XLR is a power out connection for accessories...I've never needed it. The white button should show the film count in feet when pushed and the red one resets it I believe. (play around with it and you'll see) I think normally it is showing the actual film speed and when pressing the white button it shows how much film you've shot since you reset it. Helpful to know how much film is left.

Obviously you set the film speed down to the 100th on the mechanical number pad so you can dial in very precise speeds. I've had no problem up to 48 FPS and I may have even gotten it up to 60 but go carefully at higher speeds (plus you'll shoot through 100' in 20 seconds!)

The little spinning thing shows the motor is running but I believe it can be used as a manual film advance if you need it for some reason...maybe to check your loading.

This is a great camera, I'm glad you landed one! Steve is retired out in Vancouver but he built some really great cameras!

• Premium Member

On the first photo you can see it set to 24.00 and the readout showing 24.01 and the footage counter is "22 feet". The sync light goes OFF when it is in crystal sync.

The next photo is my Steve's Cine modded Arri 2C and you can see a similar setup there. Third photo shows a similar spinning disc that is on my 2C but not on my Eyemo. Every modded camera is slightly different and were built specifically for whoever ordered it plus I'm sure the design evolved over the years as well.

Hope that helps!

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1995.JPG