Canon 1014 Electric Super 8

Scott Pickering

I see one of these going for low dollars right now, so I put in a bid on it. I'm used to Elmo Super 8 cameras, as I have an Elmo 350XL, 1000, and 1012S-XL. Knowing the 1014 sound model is more popular, how does this silent earlier model stack up? Does it allow use of different ASA cartridges other then 40 and 160? Or will you have to manually set the meter on this one too?

Another question- where does one get Elmo and Canon Super 8 cameras repaired in North America? My Elmo 1012 is missing the filter switch, so I have no clue what is currently set to. Also it will not power on unless the hand grip is in the down position. My Elmo 350 SL works perfectly. Same with the 1000. The Canon 1014 I'm bidding on is untested, so no idea if it even works or not.

Hi Scott, years ago I had a Canon 814 and took it to Visual Products in Ohio. I live near them and dropped my camera off. My 814 wasn't turning on and they got it up and running. I believe they cleaned interior contacts, etc. I recommend calling them to see if they still work on Super 8's. They are all geniuses there.