Online Source for PH 211's, 212's, 213's...

On a related note, do you recommend any daylight balanced bulbs for hanging in china balls? Preferably something I can put on a dimmer, between 75-250 watts.

Yes, they work fine. You will need to add 1/8 CTB when using paper lanterns - especially if matching with an HMI source. That 1/8 CTB will counteract the warming effect the paper has on the color temperature. The ANSI code for the daylight 250W E26 Medium base bulb is BCA. When shopping for bulbs always reference the ANSI code ( BCA, ECT, EBW). It's universal

and will narrow the search quickly.

I've been using and enjoying the Cree 100W Equiv LEDs. They are a little green; but you can throw them on a dimmer and they only pull 18W. Plus they last a lot longer than BCAs.

Have you even corrected them with 1/8 minus green? Perhaps taped a rolled up cone of gel over the globe or....?

Slightly O.T. Anyone notice that the showroom portion of The Gold and Silver Pawn Shop (Pawn Stars on TV) seems to be lit primarily with paper lanterns? Haven't done a frame by frame forensic study of the lighting, but in most every shot paper lantern are clearly visible.

• Premium Member

I haven't ever corrected them, but the green hasn't bothered me personally. On my Minolta it does read just about an 1/8th.

Normally I have my crees either in chinaballs or in lamps in frame-- so you know-- not really the big primary thing.