Milan Madge

Hi guys, I've just joined the forums as I'm hoping to start pursuing cinematography, I've been a keen stills photographer for some time but found an Eyemo the other day that I couldn't help but buy!

It was sold to me as 'not running', so I spent most of today completely stripping it down and rebuilding it. It runs perfectly now except I'm missing a couple of pieces!

1) The top spindle that holds the spool

2) The shutter

I was thinking I could probably make the spindle as a worst case scenario, but I'm stuck on the shutter! Does anyone know where I can find these parts? I can't imagine they're easy to come by but I'm hoping theres a website I've not found yet!

Thanks!

Milan

I was thinking I could probably make the spindle as a worst case scenario, but I'm stuck on the shutter! Does anyone know where I can find these parts? I can't imagine they're easy to come by but I'm hoping theres a website I've not found yet!

Thanks!

Milan

It's a bit of a strange idea but I've heard of people cutting down old cd's to make a mirror shutter!

Presumably on an Eyemo it wouldn't even need to be a mirror shutter.

Not tried it myself tho!

Freya

Haha, the CD idea may actually work! I'll give it a go if I can't find a replacement part, thanks!

Thanks Juha, they've got a shutter but looks like a very small angle, I'll have to wait to find the correct one. :(

Milan, I just bought the narrow shutter from Cinemagear. You can have the 165 degree shutter installed in my eyemo once I get the new one from Cinemagear!

Regards

Björn

Hi Björn, that's fantastic, thank you for the offer!! Send me a message when you're ready, :D

All the best,

Milan

• 6 months later...