Shaeden Gallegos

What gear should a Set PA have when s/he first steps on set?

Audio/video cable or power cable? They wrap differently. Ask someone in that department how they want he cable wrapped before you just dive in. No one wants to have to re-wrap your cable because: it's just wrong: wrong size coils: etc. My preference is that experienced members of the department wrap, PA's carry, load and push carts, until you're a known commodity. Ask, ask, ask! Don't assume what you seen in a 'Tube video is correct.

Thanks JD! I will keep this in mind.

Think about it, for everyone, 10, 12 or more hours in the same socks and shoes, boots or sneakers. Just my preference, bring a change of both, maybe bring an extra shirt too. Eventually you'll want to get a set of rain gear.

This is definitely a smart idea. Thank you.

In addition to all of this great advice, I included an entire chapter about what a PA should have and can expect on a typical day on set in my book, "What I Really Want to Do, On Set in Hollywood." Some print copies are still available and it is available for Kindle on Amazon.com. I recommend reading the first FIVE chapters and the ENTIRE section regarding the AD department.

Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/What-Really-Want-Set-Hollywood-ebook/dp/B003FCVG80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431485726&sr=8-1&keywords=dzyak

• Upvote 1

In addition to all of this great advice, I included an entire chapter about what a PA should have and can expect on a typical day on set in my book, "What I Really Want to Do, On Set in Hollywood." Some print copies are still available and it is available for Kindle on Amazon.com. I recommend reading the first FIVE chapters and the ENTIRE section regarding the AD department.

Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/What-Really-Want-Set-Hollywood-ebook/dp/B003FCVG80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431485726&sr=8-1&keywords=dzyak

Wow! Thank you Brian. I will check this out.