Diffuser for LED panels?

• Premium Member

The 1x1 LitePanels usually come with some pre-cut acrylic diffuser panels.

The bulbs are so close together that almost anything would get rid of multiple shadows, even as light as Opal.

But you must be talking about some other product since LitePanels don't come with barn doors. There is a grid that can be slipped in to reduce spill and some people make snoots for them out of showcard.

I have some 1x1 lit panels.. you can buy as extra,s plastic type diffusers that slide into the front.. trouble is the actual light source remains the same size,so its not really enough to soften the light out ... unless you have a very small target object..

I hang a small silk 3x3. from a light weight boom arm.. about 1 metre in front of the light.. this will soften it enough for faces .. as long as your close enough to the subject..

I have some 1x1 lit panels.. you can buy as extra,s plastic type diffusers that slide into the front.. trouble is the actual light source remains the same size,so its not really enough to soften the light out ... unless you have a very small target object..

I hang a small silk 3x3. from a light weight boom arm.. about 1 metre in front of the light.. this will soften it enough for faces .. as long as your close enough to the subject..

Thanks for the replies, David and Robin. I have frames, but I am looking for better control over spill. Hence the barndoors and putting the diffusion close to the source. I am experimenting with falloff on sources very near to the subject, so the small size of the 1x1 panel isn't a problem.

Thanks for the replies, David and Robin. I have frames, but I am looking for better control over spill. Hence the barndoors and putting the diffusion close to the source. I am experimenting with falloff on sources very near to the subject, so the small size of the 1x1 panel isn't a problem.

Ok then the slip in plastic/acrylic ones will be perfect,I have them more as a protection filter than anything.. just that they don't really make the quality of the light much softer.. or will any diffusion really close to the relatively small light source .. your not making the source any "larger" in relation to your subject.. basically you want to go the other way and get bigger flags,rather than smaller diffusion ..

What is the best diffuser to prevent multiple shadows from a 1x1 led panel? I want the diffuser close to the lights so I can use barndoors.

Maybe it was just the cheap LED bricks I've used, but I found that barndoors were ineffective. So many clustered point sources, sending light most every which way