Can anyone tell me what primes these are?

Hey guys,

a guy in town is offering to sell this set of (heavily used) vintage primes for $2300. He's not sure what they are, they were given to him. They look to me like maybe old zeiss standard speeds, or something similar. Can anyone tell me what they are? Trying to figure out if it would be a steal to snag these.

Specs:

28mm t2.2

35mm t2.2

50mm t2.3

75mm t2.2

(see attached image)

Thank you!

Edited by Ben Joyner

Great, thanks guys! Gonna test them out and see how they look. Seems like a steal for $2300, although they are pretty beaten up and the optics on the 28 look a little rough. Might need to get them serviced.

• Premium Member

yep, Lomo OCT-19 primes definitely. If one has Konvas 2m camera or OCT19 adapter for their digital camera they are pretty good lenses.

most of them can also be converted to PL but it depends on the exact model how easy or difficult/expensive the conversion will be.

You can use most of them with adapters with at least EF, E-mount and M4/3 cameras in their current configuration so I would consider that option first if you camera(s) support short flange mounts (EF/E/M43

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Lomo's. I have an old set of OCT-18's that I'm about to convert to PL. Mine are same vintage as Cooke Speed Panchro's, which they're modeled after.

A good trick for all Lomo's and Lenkinap lenses is that the first two numbers in the serial number always refers to the year of manufacture. So these lenses are early 80's lenses.

• Premium Member

Adam, if you are going to convert the Lomos to PL, could I suggest the guy who converted my Schneider Kreuznach Cine Xenon lenses? He did a fantastic job and the lenses look amazing now!

Have a good day!