Sony Fs700 with Atomos Shogun.240fs @2k ?

Mahmoud Attalla

I purchased the sony fs700. it is a great super slow motion camera. I've been waiting for the 6.4 update from Atomos. They said it will support sony raw. however i'm not sure if it is going to support the super slow motion or not. Sony FS700 shoot up to 240fs @2k. please share your thought and opinions.

• 10 months later...

I feel that Atomos will soon stop supporting the Shogun and older line of recorders. They have now moved to the Flame/Inferno HDR line - and have retired the Shogun and assassin to 'only remaining stock' availability. I think the new Inferno and possibly the Flame recorders also offer RAW - though I'm not sure if its Sony RAW or not, or rather that works with the FS700.

I tested the flame and it does Sony FS700 Raw just fine. I'm confident the inferno will too. Each one of these Shogun-Flame-Inferno models are basically just Shoguns each with just a very logical step up from each other in terms of capability otherwise they're essentially the same unit.

The ability to swap batteries live from the flame on up is nice too but not a deal maker or breaker for me. I just carry about 5 batteries and after I see the 25% warning a couple of times I'll swap a fresh battery in.

Mark