Buying a used SR2

Mayer Chalom

Hey I found a used SR2 pl mount and super 16 with a built in video assist for a very good price. From the pictures the camera seems to be in great cosmetic condition however there are some things that seem strange about the camera.

In particular where there is supposed to be a Start/Stop Lever there is foreign looking knob. Also in the area where there is supposed to be the APEC (exposure control system) there is nothing. (Please reference photographs)

Can anyone venture to explain this.

From my own research I discovered that Arri manufactured an SR II-E which did not include the exposure system which would explain the blank space.

post-65627-0-87860500-1435266385_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mayer Chalom

where are you buying the camera from? (if it's ebay you get money back guaranty anyway... )

can't you get any details from the seller? I personally never seen this model/version, but it could also be that modifications were made by a rental house technician. Also, If the seller doesn't give you clear info about a camera, or say he doesn't know it, I personally advise you to stay away...

• Premium Member

Hey I found a used SR2 pl mount and super 16 with a built in video assist for a very good price. From the pictures the camera seems to be in great cosmetic condition however there are some things that seem strange about the camera.

In particular where there is supposed to be a Start/Stop Lever there is foreign looking knob. Also in the area where there is supposed to be the APEC (exposure control system) there is nothing. (Please reference photographs)

Can anyone venture to explain this.

From my own research I discovered that Arri manufactured an SR II-E which did not include the exposure system which would explain the blank space.

I saw that one listed on ebay. Been checking all of the SRs on there lately and I'm not impressed with any for one reason or another.