Science Fiction Short I Shot - Park Arcadia

Hey guys and gals,

About two years ago, my friend and I decided to raise money and try our hands at co-writing, directing, and shooting a short film. This is the result. I am a burgeoning cinematographer, I would love to know what you fine folk think.

We shot on a Sony F-3 to AJA Ki Pro Quad in 4:4:4. We had some basic LUTs on set, mostly contrast curves. I had budgeted for Ultra Primes, but as it always goes, some funding fell out and we ended up using CP.2's.

Thank you for taking the time!

Glad to see another user as well! :-) I love what the F-3 was able to produce. I'll be sure to check out your post.

I've been doing music videos and corporate stuff, but recently have been focusing a lot on writing and trying to get a firm understanding of characters and motivation and narrative, with the idea of hopefully making work that really resonates with me and the people I'm making it for.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow man that was a vary, vary well done story. I really enjoyed that! The cinematography was fantastic loved the way you used the rule of thirds. The only thing i would say is there was a lack of music in the intense parts. But other then that FANTASTIC JOB!!!!

BTW how were you able to get the video to post like this when i try to post i can only do a link.

Fantastic job.

-Parker

• 4 weeks later...

DANG! The lighting in this film looks amazing. I gotta question for you!

At 1:30, how did you get such a nice sunny looking rim light on the male actor? I've been trying to get better at adding natural looking rim lights to my subjects. You were able to highlight him with an almost "blown out" look. Did you control the light with some kind of snoot or flag it? It just impresses me when someone can have that harsh of a highlight and still manage to keep shadow contrast on the rest of the subject (especially on the shoulders).

Edited by Adam Allen Brant

• 2 months later...