Best Tripods (For "one man" type shoots)

That works out to just over 1lbs in extra weight. Now try humping that around for 10hrs a day, 5 days a week. Plus a camera, and a run bag, and possibly a lens case. Every little bit makes a difference.

1lb? WOW! Your kidding right?

Try trading places with a bottom of the ladder "hammer" in the grip department for just one day.

Lay and roll up feeder cable with the sparks for just one day.

Of course, a one person camera crew carries more than the sticks. They can also be carrying a 2/3" broadcast camera, the spare batteries, microphones, possibly a light and then walking a reasonable distance. Most I've seen recently use carbon fibre legs,

• Premium Member

1lb? WOW! Your kidding right?

Try trading places with a bottom of the ladder "hammer" in the grip department for just one day.

Lay and roll up feeder cable with the sparks for just one day.

Lol, oh I did very briefly years ago. That's why I'm in camera department now...

Lol, oh I did very briefly years ago. That's why I'm in camera department now...

Then to use one of those famous business or industry slogans, "You have to work smarter, not harder." Make certain production hires you a 2nd and 3rd AC to do all the carrying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I'll throw in a recommendation for the Miller Arrow 25. Paired with their three-stage carbon fibre 'solo' legs, you have an excellent, lightweight, mid-range 100mm tripod, that let's you go from very low to very high with a single set of sticks.

I've had rigged-up F55, Alexa and Epic packages on top of mine pretty comfortably. I think it's a solid option for solo shooting.