Hey all!

I'm pretty familiar with the different aerial shooting options out there but wondering if anyone knows a nice, rentable unit that I can attach a Black Magic Pocket Camera to that won't require hiring an owner/operator.

• 7 months later...

I don't think any rental houses will undertake that kind of liability, but maybe someone local would rent one out. I would strongly advise against that unless you really know how to fly one. It takes many, many, many, hours to become competent and then many more to be cinematic with it. Find someone with a 2 remote system and let them fly and you operate the gimbal if you think you have jib op skills. It ain't easy.

I would strongly advise against that unless you really know how to fly one. It takes many, many, many, hours to become competent and then many more to be cinematic with it.

Oh indeed. Some time back, I started flying quadcopters specifically to get enough practise on them so that I could eventually mount a camera one day and do aerial filming. Ive now been flying quads for two years and I wouldn't say that I'm a great operator. I'm okay. And there have been some pains along the way. Fly aways are not uncommon when you're first starting out. I lost my first quadcopter to a fly away after just one week of using it. I also had my second quad for a week and that met the same fate. And the third one went pretty much the same way. I also have an rc plane that had a fly away on it's maiden flight but luckily that was found about three days later. None of the quadcopters ever turned up, no matter matter how hard I looked for them. I would say that I'm better at flying these things nowadays compared to back then and with my increased skills and knowledge, I have significantly reduced the chance of flyaways but I know they can still happen.