Favorite multitool?

I carry a Leatherman Pocket Clip (out of production) but it's mostly for the pliers, My other favorite multi tool is the leatherman wave.

My experience with multitools has been that they are a compromise on most things, and therefore, I tend to carry the right tools in my set bag. I carry a stubby flat blade for tie-down screws, a double ended flat/phillips jewelers screwdriver, a 6" crescent wrench, 3mm allen driver for Alexa jobs, and usually a set of allen wrenches in metric and standard, though not always.

It's a fine line between being prepared for every possible contingency and therefore being overloaded, and being prepared for the most often encountered scenarios. The more you carry, the slower and more weighed down you are, and the more toll it takes on your body. Also, different 1st AC's will want you to carry different things (if you're a 2nd) and different jobs will require more or less of you. Experience will hone your kit.

It should be noted that I am talking about what I carry on my person/in my set bag. I have a more extensive kit on the camera cart and on the camera truck for bigger and more involved needs.

Edited by Patrick Lavalley