Gregg MacPherson

Best TV shows you are watching

Watching Herzog's  Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World, about a third way in...

It's absolutely a worthy subject, but I just don't feel Herzog the way I thought I might. He's surprisingly passive and observant rather than opinionated.  It's a subject where an aggressive exposition of informed opinion could be very interesting. Necessary and useful to us.

Or just abandon the documentary idea altogether and embed ideas in a dramatic narrative...?

HBO's  "Watchmen"

From WIKI:
"While the series is technically a sequel, which takes place 34 years after the events of the comics within the same alternate reality, Lindelof wanted to introduce new characters and conflicts that create a new story within the Watchmen continuity, rather than creating a reboot. "

GREAT.  Love it.  Dark, dense, tense...

Needed to rewatch the feature film and read some articles about the comics in order to know the back story. 🙂

Edited by Igor Trajkovski
typo's
  • Like 1

Hey Igor,

I watched some Watchmen...I really like some of the science fiction ideas, but I don't like the comic book foundation to it all. 

I do like The Bureau, a French show that digs beneath the skin of what are the alternate identities of spies. In a very pragmatic French way. But French language is such a treat for the ear and the mind. So all sorts of interesting things are hidden in the cracks.   

I watched it here, just outside the legitimate fringes...

https://cmovies.tv/film/the-bureau-season-1/watching.html?ep=1

Edited by Gregg MacPherson

Top Boy was quite intense and unrelenting. Not as much so (NAMS...? nah) as Gomorrah, the italian show about street gangs rising, selling hard stuff in the housing estates. But, if the depiction of the gangsters in Jamaica is even half true, that's depicting quite a genuinely scary disconnection from the sense of human life, what it means to take one.  And the english gangsters are just watered down versions of the Jamaican ones. ...