Beaulieu Mini 8 (S2008) opinions or experience?

Matt Stevens

I'm seeking a Crystal synced Super8 camera (with follow focus) for two days of shooting in late September (NYC area). Duall Camera has sold their crystal synced R10 and Canon 1014 XL-S. Each had a follow focus package.

They do have what appears to be a Beaulieu S2008 with a pretty good package, but I have no experience with that camera. It's OLD. 1965, I believe.

Scroll down to the bottom of the Super8 rental cameras...

http://duallcamera.com/catalog/Super8mm_Cameras.shtml

I'm curious what kind of images it can produce.

• Century 1.9mm, Angenieux 5.9mm,
    Cooke 9-50mm T2.5 with lens support, 4x4 Matte-Box, Follow Focus, 5 filters, Tripod, Cable Release, Shoulder Support

Has anyone any experience with the S2008?

Edited by Matt Stevens

My bad. It's the 4008. So never mind. :)

What's wrong with the 4008 Beaulieu ? it's a very good camera in the right hands and can be repaired if need be , sound's like a good package . whats the price ?

The only pain is renewing the battery , When there go .

Was my main camera for years until the Leicina speical came along , Still love the viewfinder on the beaulieu 4008 and miss that,

way better than the canon you had and sold ? also way better than the Nikon r10 / and lighter .

But each to there own etc. when it comes to tools , and what right for you ! :blink:

The quoting doesn't work.

@hernigel

Had you checked the duall catalogue you would have noticed it is a pro8mm refurbished 4008.

No battery trouble there.

The set has two new lenses. No fear needed for the Schneider glass.

What is so wonderful with the 4008 viewfinder??? It is a poststamp in the distance and very difficult to use while wearing glasses.

Its only advantage is the ground-glass (which nobody knows how to use).

The R10 viewfinder functions almost as a modern Nikon SLR HP viewfinder like on the F3HP, F801,F90 etc

The best studio/lab Super-8 machines would be:

Fujica ZC-1000 (difficult with film)

Leicina Special (M bayonet)

Beaulieu 6008MD and 7008 9008

Canon 1014xls

Nikon R10 with grip removed

A DS-8 like the ELMO filmatic might be added for long scenes story telling or such. But film is difficult to get.

The unmodified Beaulieu 4008 is just too cumbersome with power and no electric remotecontrol.

A Logmar does most of it well but costs without lens ten times as much.

Even 60 meter should be good. If there was some film offering.

Good luck.

Edited by Andries Molenaar

The best studio/lab Super-8 machines would be:

Fujica ZC-1000 (difficult with film)

Leicina Special (M bayonet)

Beaulieu 6008MD and 7008 9008

Canon 1014xls

Nikon R10 with grip removed

A DS-8 like the ELMO filmatic might be added for long scenes story telling or such. But film is difficult to get.

The unmodified Beaulieu 4008 is just too cumbersome with power and no electric remotecontrol.

A Logmar does most of it well but costs without lens ten times as much.

Even 60 meter should be good. If there was some film offering.

Good luck.

He need's a camera he can use ASAP / all that you are offering in saying or your insight to :D cameras he can't find not that helpful to someone that needs a camera like now .

And yes I like the beaulieu 4008 over the Nikon r10 as I find it to be to heavy on the hand for filming on the fly ,

And I also like viewfinder of the Beaulieu 4008 , made some good films with her over the years . My tools my choice , Each to there own , That why it's called filmmaking ?

It was merely a response to your nonsens non-info.

Had you read the full thread(s) on the project of Matt you would have noticed that he already has his list complete.

The list is a recommendation to others who may seek the suitable machines without having the wish or means to divert to a Euro 5000 Logmar without lenses or anything.

It was merely a response to your nonsens non-info.

Had you read the full thread(s) on the project of Matt you would have noticed that he already has his list complete.

The list is a recommendation to others who may seek the suitable machines without having the wish or means to divert to a Euro 5000 Logmar without lenses or anything.

We are likely renting the crystal synced C-Mount 4008 for our production for approximately 3 days. A full week if we can muster the funds.

We are talking here about beaulieu 4008 c mount for rent which he can use ASAP. and the other post was not nosens as he had the same idea and was way head if you read , Aslo what wrong in AskIng there can only yes or NO .

Tools are tools it's the person that makes the Film /

And matt if you was near me" would lend you my Mint Nikon R10"

I'm seeking a Crystal synced Super8 camera (with follow focus) for two days of shooting in late September (NYC area). Duall Camera has sold their crystal synced R10 and Canon 1014 XL-S. Each had a follow focus package.

They do have what appears to be a Beaulieu S2008 with a pretty good package, but I have no experience with that camera. It's OLD. 1965, I believe.

Scroll down to the bottom of the Super8 rental cameras...

http://duallcamera.com/catalog/Super8mm_Cameras.shtml

I'm curious what kind of images it can produce.

• Century 1.9mm, Angenieux 5.9mm,

Cooke 9-50mm T2.5 with lens support, 4x4 Matte-Box, Follow Focus, 5 filters, Tripod, Cable Release, Shoulder Support

Has anyone any experience with the S2008?

My bad. It's the 4008. So never mind. :)

We are talking here about beaulieu 4008 c mount for rent which he can use ASAP. and the other post was not nosens as he had the same idea and was way head if you read , Aslo what wrong in AskIng there can only yes or NO .

Tools are tools it's the person that makes the Film /

And matt if you was near me" would lend you my Mint Nikon R10"

It is about a crystal synced Pro8mm 4008 with new lenses and some grip accessoires. As mentioned. Not a regular 4008

And my point is what wrong with The beaulieu 4008 zm It's a very good Camera ?

And it's a camera I like with some point that can be a pain if you was to buy still can be fixed and get spare parts for !

regular or overpriced pro 8mm

see head line of post / And read , Mr I know it ALL .

It seems you do not understand English very well. Or at all.

If Matt were near here he could use next door's car and hump the other next door's wife. But he can't use mine. And neither my cameras. :)

Andries molenaar I have to say that you a rude man who comes on to a faceless film forum with a I am right and knows it all ?

I take it you must be a failed would be want to be filmmaker who is bitter and a bully .

Read head line of post my english is way better than yours .