PC based DMX controller supporting scripts or API?

Hi cinematography,

We are testing and grading large number of CMOS sensors for our microscope applications.

The basic idea is to have a PC to automatically control a 3-lights LED system to illuminate a sensor at various color temperature, brightness, hues etc, and take a large number of pictures for post processing.

We understand the DMX manufacturers tend to have their own GUI and App, but manual operation is not efficient.

Are there any DMX manufacturers supporting API or scripts to automate it? Besides here, where else online can I go to look for such information?

Thank you!

try Chamsys - it's a VERY fully featured DMX control system that can be used without limitations free - you pay to get more buttons. You can use a very wide variety of USB or Ethernet DMX adapters - but it's all based on their software. The software itself is available for mac, pc and linux and can be scripted. There are a few ways to control it, but SSH works and I think Telnet as well. You may have to dedicate a PC to use as the "controller" but you should be able to SSH into it remotely. There's a possibility you may not even need a separate PC to do that - they have a lot of network features you can access between applications on the same PC (their implementation of multi displays does this) - so you may be in luck. Download the manual - it has pretty good instructions. I have 2 of their boards and love their software, haven't used anything as compact/fully featured for anywhere near the price.