7285 Super 8 For Sale

Hi All,

I have 14 carts of 7285 available. Film was bought in October 2010 fresh by myself, and has been kept under 4C for about 90% of the time, below 25C for 10%. I bought 20 at the time for a short, but never finished shooting, and now I'd like to move on to 16mm. I can't guarantee pristine colour and sensitivity due to its age, but I have no reason to believe it has deteriorated significantly, certainly not beyond digital post-correction.

Asking AU$65 per cart plus postage, but open to negotiation, especially if someone wants to take it off my hands all at once. Posts from Perth, Western Australia.

Cheers,

Alex

post-68739-0-70569300-1441761715_thumb.jpg

post-68739-0-46100600-1441761725_thumb.jpg

Did 7285 actually have an expiry date on the box?

One should think twice about queering someone's pitch, especially when you're in competition, admittedly with fresher stock one assumes..

I've used K40 five years and Ektachrome 100 still stock over 10 years past expiry with no problems .

Kodak does not print expiry dates on their motion picture stock. If it is comparable to other E6 still films, it would have something like a 3-4 year expiration, so it would be 2 years out of date tops. I've used plenty of transparencies well past date which have been in remarkable condition (most recently some Agfa RSX 100 and Velvia from 2002, which were incredible).

Again, it's open to offers if the price seems unreasonable, but from personal experience E6 seems to survive quite well, especially (mostly) cold stored stock.

Edited by Alexander Churchill-Gray

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...